[Cuis-dev] URI Kernel package

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Tue Apr 21 12:19:15 PDT 2020

Hello,

I'm cooking since more than six months now with different
levels of activity on an URI implementation. I also
once lost a weekends work of integrating a shared way
of registering new uri schemes.

The parser is written in OMeta2 and can be replaced,
the URI Kernel uses that implementation to parse actual
URIs. Currently I put that with other packages in my
generic cuis smalltalk repository at:

 https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-Verp

I added also a Gopher package which uses the parser
to read gopher urls. The Gopher package is based
on work previously done by Christian Kellermann.
And can be used for accessing text based gopher
resources and displaying them in a Text Editor
window.

I intend to continue work on the URI Kernel,
to provide a basic registry for new uri schemes
and a not yet defined registration process.

Thanks for feedback,
Philip