[Cuis-dev] Cuis headless

Thierry Goubier thierry.goubier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:12:03 PDT 2020

Hi Hilaire,

Le mer. 22 avr. 2020 à 22:59, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev
<cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> a écrit :

> So cool, this is what I was looking for to start and install code and dependencies in Cuis:
>
> squeak Cuis5.0-4112.image -d"Feature require: 'DrGeo'"

There is even better for the Features: -r.

squeak Cuis5.0-4112.image -rDrGeo

For a complete install:

squeak Cuis5.0-4112.image -rDrGeo -d"Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true"

> I guess -d option is handled at the image level. Which class handles it?

I haven't checked. The only constraint (as far as I understand) is
that the Smalltalk code added to -d must be a single argument in the
sense of the shell. Since I call Cuis from Python subprocess.run when
I install a Cuis-build system, this works fine, but I need to remember
to add the double quotes when acting directly from the shell. Not
having squeak in the path doesn't help for the shell, either, but
since I don't use Cuis github-based install setup, I don't really need
it.

Thierry