[Cuis-dev] Talking about Layouts

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Apr 28 15:03:33 PDT 2020

On 2020-04-28 21:53, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> What about simple alignment: and minorAlignment:
>
> Attraction was good too.
>
> Then we can also have  short messages as PUSHTO: or PULLTO: or ALIGNTO:
> or ALIGNAT:
>
> LayoutMorph>>alignAt: #right
>
> LayoutSpec>>pushTo: #top

I like short.  Push/Pull/Move imply motion.  I like Align better.

I proposed Weight as I think of float to top (0.0) vs sink to bottom
(1.0) vs neutral buoyancy (0.5) for vertical.

This does not work, or course for horizontal, but I think Weight is a
fairly neutral term and the metaphor is easy to explain.

How would you change the proposed Terse Guide text?

Other options? opinions?

Thanks for taking the time.  I think it is quite important to be as
simple and clear as we can with this.

Good on ya,
-KenD