[Cuis-dev] Clipping operation

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Apr 30 02:38:54 PDT 2020

The more I look the more it looks odd and I may have to handle it
differently.

The DrGeo canvas has both drawing operations and submorphs:

  * operations to draw the axes, graduations and grid, I can get those
    drawings clipped by adding the canvas to a morph responding true to
    clipsLastSubmorph message
  * submorphs added to the canvas, those are lines, circles, polyline,
    locus to represent the geometric items. I like to use morph for
    this, it is a good level of abstraction, easier to interact with for
    debugging and optimizing, particularly for the locus. They all
    require to be clipped too, to the canvas bounds. From my
    understanding, I think I have a problem here with the
    clipsLastSubmorphh pardigm and I may need a dedicated MorphicCanvas.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu