[Cuis-dev] Layout Problem

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Apr 30 13:22:10 PDT 2020

Hi Dan, Folks,

On 4/30/2020 2:47 PM, Dan Norton via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Some time in recent months changes to Morphic have impacted the
> Construction game and other board games that I have in progress. Any
> StringMorph content, other than an empty string, causes the owner to
> expand horizontally. To see the problem, install Construction from the
> Games repo and do:
>
> Construction start in a workspace or from the New Morphs menu.
>
> The colored rectangles (LayoutMorphs) should align with the space
> descriptions beneath them but they do not.
>
> If in Construction>>showSeasons the StringMorph contents are set to ''
> then the colored rectangles align.
>
> Color me puzzled.

Those changes were to honor the minimum extent required by some morph,
even if that meant not honoring the proportional layout correctly. The
bug was doing that always, even if there is enough room to honor the
proportions.

Please review and try the attach. If this looks reasonable, and doesn't
break stuff, we'll integrate (and also implement the same for column
layouts).