[Cuis-dev] Question re: recent updates (4342)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Aug 17 16:06:14 PDT 2020

On 8/17/2020 2:36 PM, Phil B via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I tried updating straight through from 4322->4351 (i.e. ignoring the
> message on 4342 saying I need to restart, since that would be the only
> way to avoid hanging after 4342)

No, the message says you "need to restart the image update". Transcript
shows: 'Please restart [Install New Updates].'

> but it still white screens for me on restart.  Does the world state
> fix need to be applied either right before or right after 4342? (I'm
> OK with a manual step if fixing it in the update changesets isn't
> feasible, I just need to know what the fix is and when to apply it)

The fixes I did were to add a Delay wait in #4342, and the new #4350.
But there is no need to apply them by hand. Just restart the update install.

So, don't exit the image. Just do World / Changes... / Install New
Updates. That should load the new updates, up to #4351. After that,
saving and restarting should work.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,