[Cuis-dev] RFC: UI Scaling Changes

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Aug 26 08:24:38 PDT 2020

On 8/25/2020 3:26 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 2020-08-21 18:53, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> On 7/29/2020 4:31 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>> Hi Juan, hi Everybody,
>>>
>>> I had some problems hitting the border of SystemWindows and
>>> recognizing the HaloMorphs.
>>> To improve the situation I added made some
>>> changes to scale the HaloMorphs and the SystemWindow's border.
>>>
>>> I think I still needs some tweaking and optimizations, but some
>>> feedback would
>>> be appreciated, especially about the preferences
>>> interface.
>>>

>>> HTH and Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Gerald
>>
>> Hi Gerald,
>>
>> Apologies for the delay in answering. I missed your message and only
>> saw it today.
>>
>> I preferred to try automatic settings, based on the selected system
>> font size. Please try the attachments.
>>
>> If this is not enough, i.e. if you still need larger borders, we can
>> add a primitive called 'wideWindowBorders' or such.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Hi Juan,
>
> thanks a lot for these patches, they work nicely! Corect me if I am
> wrong: You already integrated them.
>
> Next week I intend to test window resizing on a touch screen, maybe
> I'll come back to your
> 'wideWindowBorders'-suggestion.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Yes, I already integrated them. You can see that what I did was to make
the full window border sensitive, and I made it scale with UI scaling
(defined by World / Preferences... / Set System Font...). I think this
is a good solution. A preference for wideWiindowBorders, to ease using
the UI with a finger in a touch device makes sense to me.