[Cuis-dev] Proposed change to StringRequestMorph

Mauro Rizzi mrizzi at fi.uba.ar
Mon Dec 7 11:38:28 PST 2020

Hello everyone!

I got tired of having to click on text boxes every time I tried to rename
something (when using click to focus) and decided to do something about it.

Attached you'll find a changeset that makes it so those string request
dialogue boxes automatically gain focus when created (It seems to be
standard behaviour for the rest of the system but not for this particular
class).

I would also like to request this change be introduced to the base image.

If you check the changeset the changes to the base codebase are minimal,
and judging by the left over " textPane focusText." comment they were
intended to exist at some point.

Only thing I'm unsure about is if I should check that we're on the click to
focus setting or not.

Cheers!
*Mauro Rizzi*