[Cuis-dev] Changes not recoverable

Mauro Rizzi mrizzi at fi.uba.ar
Thu Dec 10 06:47:25 PST 2020

Hello Hilaire,

I looked into it a bit out of curiosity and if you look in SystemDictionary
snapshot:andQuit:embedded:clearAllClassState: you'll see that if you chose
not to save and to quit the VM through that contextual menu the list of
changes to the image gets truncated back to size it was the last time you
started up the VM.

So it seems this is intended behaviour.

Hope someone with a better understanding can explain why, I honestly think
it makes sense considering the warning of all changes are going to be
discarded but it does contradict the Cuis book

Cheers!

*Mauro Rizzi*