[Cuis-dev] Update: Alt+Return as a full screen toggle shortcut

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Dec 20 10:24:50 PST 2020

On 2020-12-20 07:36, Mauro Rizzi via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Maybe we could we make it so the keyboard event first passes the event
> to the selected morph, and the morph has the responsibility to return a
> boolean or some other indication of whether the morph overrides the
> global keybindings for that event or not and then depending on the
> response the keyboardEvent handler either stops the chain or continues.

That is basically how the keyboard events are handled now by the
Morph>>processKey*:localPosition: methods.

Note

   aKeyboardEvent wasHandled: true.

So I believe what you are asking for is that in the 'false' case, the
handler would use a global default action, which could be set up in
World/Hand/??.

In this case, handling the Keyboard event in a local Morph would
naturally override the global default with no code changes except for
the check for #wasHandled in (perhaps)
KeyboardEvent>>sentTo:localPosition: .

Am I understanding you correctly?

-KenD