[Cuis-dev] Installing Aconcagua

Ces VLC cesarillovlc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 05:38:22 PST 2020

Hi!

Following section 6.1 from the Cuis book, I tried to apply the same
procedure for installing Aconcagua (yes, maybe I should start learning
without extra packages, but however I'm really interested in physical units
for my programs, so I wish to have that from the beginning --and yes, I
know Cuis University comes with Aconcagua preinstalled, but I wish to learn
how to install it myself).

So, what I did is to copy Aconcagua.pck.st (from
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Measures/blob/master/Aconcagua/Aconcagua.pck.st)
into the same directory as the Cuis image, and then in a Workspace I
executed:

Feature require: 'Aconcagua'

A progress bar appeared, and the Transcript window showed success:

Package Aconcagua successfully installed
Feature

Going to the System Browser, I can see the Aconcagua classes inside
Aconcagua-MeasureModel, Aconcagua-ArithmeticModel, etc., so it seems it
installed correctly.

But, however, "meter" is not understood by the system yet If I type:

2 * meter.

I see that "meter" is shown in red, and I get an error if I try to execute
it.

I tried with the Cuis-University image and it works, so it seems I didn't
install Aconcagua correctly.

There's by the way another error that is triggered both in my attempt and
in the University image. I guess this other error might be related to the
Aconcagua documentation not being updated to the latest code version,
because if I try this:

Measure amount: 2 unit: meter.

then I get an error saying that Measure doesn't understand the amount:unit:
message (as I said  this happens in Cuis-University too).

So, to sum it up, what am I missing in my installation?

Thanks a lot,

César