[Cuis-dev] The other way to do namespaces

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 02:31:55 PDT 2020

Hi Thierry,
I think creating subclasses on the fly doesn’t really solve the problem of
packages modifying existing classes, because these modifications are not
expected to be limited to objects instantiated by methods inside the
package. For example imagine a package adding functionality to Number,
Integer, etc (as my Domains package). Or a package changing existing
methods in Class and SystemDictionary (as the System-Namespaces and
System-Environments packages).
It's the infamous "slippery slope", I guess. Now we're talking about
versioning and about multiple images. It's all very interesting, but
personally I would be happy if we just solved the problem of class name
collisions between packages.