[Cuis-dev] [offtopic] Bare metal Smalltalk-80 port to the Raspberry Pi

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 08:09:24 PDT 2020

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 10:52 AM ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> I would like to plant the seed of another idea here as well.
>
> For arm64/aarch64 Raspberry Pi, my thought was to use a "shim" OS to
> supply the drivers.  In particular USB us a bear.  Networking code is
> nice to have as well.

There was a project from a couple of years ago called CogNOS, which I think
was supposed to be a "bare metal" implementation of the Cog VM:
https://github.com/nopsys/CogNOS

They were relying on a different library of theirs called nopsys:
https://github.com/nopsys/nopsys

I don't know too many details about these projects, just the fact of their
existence. But they might be of some use to this discussion.

--
Eric