[Cuis-dev] New layout algorithms

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Jun 5 07:15:09 PDT 2020

On 6/5/2020 8:49 AM, Dan Norton via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 23:14:05 -0300
> Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev<cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st>  wrote:
>
>> On 6/4/2020 11:05 PM, Dan Norton via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>> All Morph was too big as an attachment. Attached are two methods -
>>> are they OK
>> Why are these needed?
>>
> They identify the replacement methods in the deprecated line.

But those two methods have no senders in any package in the
Cuis-Smalltalk organization. Hence my question.

We'd clean Cuis of unneeded cruft, not add more. If every time we re
implement something we leave both versions in the image, we are
forgetting what Cuis is all about.

I suggest the attach. It changes all senders of #deprecated to
#deprecatedMethod, that will fill the Transcript with complaints each
time a deprecated method is called.

It seems that most senders of these messages are in the games packages.
Please, folks, update them so they don't call them anymore.

Then, maybe in a few days, we can delete them.