[Cuis-dev] New layout algorithms

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Fri Jun 5 13:52:45 PDT 2020

On 2020-06-05 07:15, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
> I suggest the attach. It changes all senders of #deprecated to
> #deprecatedMethod, that will fill the Transcript with complaints each
> time a deprecated method is called.

Pretty cool, Juan!

Another way to back into #deprecated is to load a bunch of stuff and ask
for callers.

E.g.:

(Smalltalk allCallsOn: #padding:) collect: [ :method | method
stringVersion].
==>
an OrderedCollection(
'Token makeIdArea'
'ContractToken makeDoubledArea'
'ContractToken initialize'
'ContractToken makeIdArea'
'ButtonedView buildMorphicWindow'
'AnagramMorph buildMorphicWindow'
'GameBoard makeTitleArea'
'Construction showSeasons:'
'Construction makeButtonArea'
'Construction makeNumbersArea'
'Construction makeOthersArea'
'Construction makeCellsArea'
'AuctionView soldEndButtons'
'AuctionView setUpBuyers'
'AuctionAsset setUpMidRow'
'AuctionAsset startButtons'
'AuctionJob setUpMidRow'
'HistoryView buildMorphicWindow'
'LoanView buildMorphicWindow'
'LoanView startButtons'
'OptionsView buildMorphicWindow'
'OptionsView startButtons'
'TrafficLight paneLabel:'
'Example3 initialize'
'Example4 initialize')

I thought I had cleaned/updated my code, but stepping through the
#deprecated methods in LayoutSpec and LayoutMorph (including the class
side), then asking for #senders gave me a number of places I had missed.

Cheers,
-KenD

PS: Looking forward to chatting with many of you tomorrow at the Cuis
Fest!