[Cuis-dev] Namespace Code Sketch

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 02:30:25 PDT 2020

Hi Ken,
Hope you don't mind I made changes to make it work with my Domains package.
What do you think about this?

In summary: I fixed some problems when building the class list in the
Browser. I removed the color from Environment (we can still do the same
thing with 'Color random: (Random seed: anEnvironment name hash)' in the
GUI wherever it is needed). I added support to be able to do 'Animals Cat
new'. And I changed the lookup of the environment for a given system
category in order to support packages that have subcategories (for example
my Domains package defines many categories like 'Domains-Xxx'). Let me know
what you think, and if you're willing to work together on this (I should
have asked that first, I guess).

I don't understand why Environment has a reference to the CodePackage. I
think it should be the other way around, and not even explicit, I think
CodePackage can implement a method for #environment that looks it up via
the new SystemDictionary>>environmentFromSystemCategory: but I don't see a
need for Environments to know about CodePackages.