[Cuis-dev] Most elaborate (Cuis) Smalltalk environments

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Jun 12 06:48:55 PDT 2020

On 6/11/2020 5:30 PM, Philip Bernhart via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wondered what are the most elaborate Smalltalk
> or in particular Cuis Smalltalk environments you have seen?
>
> Maybe people have screenshots of these environments.
>
> The most sophisticated setup I have seen until now was
> Alan Kays "Ted Nelsons Tribute" Setup, where he showed
> a couple of projects opened on the desktop:
>
> https://youtu.be/AnrlSqtpOkw?t=312
>
> I haven't yet seen something similiar for Cuis or Pharo.
> Maybe because we "lack" subprojects? Or maybe because people
> build on their highly secret business secret sauce?
>

> Thanks,
> Philip

I did this, many years ago, before starting Cuis:
http://www.jvuletich.org/Squeak/PhotoSqueak/PhotoSqueak2Gallery/PhotoSqueak2SamplesGallery.html
The reason I removed Projects is because it conflates the per-project
Morphic desktop together with a ChangeSet. I believe it was done this
way as a prototype of a never realized mechanism that could provide real
isolation of object spaces. It is still my intention to add Projects
back to Cuis. It is actually quite easy to do, all it is needed is to
create new instances of PasteUpMorph, and switch which one is actually
run when the user changes projects.