[Cuis-dev] VectorGraphics and Morph

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 07:44:40 PDT 2020

El 19/6/20 a las 11:39, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:
> Hi Mariano,
>
> Thanks for the update.
>
> I tried it a few weeks ago, it was not clear if it was an early
> experiment or not then I went with Juan's vector graphics.

Yes. It is an expermient. I was willing to implement some stuff that
needed vector graphics (a diagram building tool), and didn't want to
wait for Juan's VectorGraphics :)

> I took another look, see bellow.
>
> It is unclear for me what is your and Juan long term perspective on
> Vector Graphics.

I think that we share a common view. Make Smalltalk native
VectorGraphics the default, but leave room for plugging other backends,
like Cairo.

> Le 19/06/2020 à 15:38, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev a écrit :
>> CairoDisplayScreen install.
>
> It crashed the image, twice. See crash.dmp file.
>
>> CairoMorphExample new openInWorld
> I played with it. I did not look in detail, but can you have non
> rectangular Morph like my circular morph?

No. I didn't implement that level of integration, yet.

Cheers!

Mariano