[Cuis-dev] VectorEngine performance

Douglas Brebner kirtai+st at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:44:18 PDT 2020

On 19/06/2020 08:23, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I try to imagine a dynabook with two A4 screens, where the information
> is layout in a vectorial canvas for each screen whose contents are
> texts flowing around rectangular like Morphs with dynamic content and
> an aditionnal layer of vectorial hand writtings.

I have wanted something like this, with both touch and (pressure
sensitive) pen support ever since I saw a speculative video showing an
ebook reader in this style over 20 years ago.

> In that scenario, can the start up cost of OpenCL  be mitigated?

I have to wonder how much the display model of the VM restricts this.
Maybe directly using something hardware accelerated like OpenGL, Vulcan
or even SDL2 would help, VM side?