[Cuis-dev] Task migration and Erlang-like recovery

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Jun 20 07:19:09 PDT 2020

The Cuis mailing list does not seem to like attachments of any size.

Links below, rather than the papers themselves.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304551221_Compiling_for_multi-language_task_migration

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~feeley/papers/GermainFeeleyMonnierELSW05.pdf

http://scheme2006.cs.uchicago.edu/09-germain.pdf

On 2020-06-20 02:41, Philip Bernhart via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
In this context I think objects should be as powerful or powerless as an
Image. They both should be objects in the same regard. And when it comes
to my preferences I think an actor based system would be an improvement,
not putting the Images on different cores but putting the objects
themselves on different cores.

On the other hand I'm not bringing real knowledge about such systems to
the table.

Philip,

There was some work doing cross-language task migration and Erlang-like
things in Scheme.

Always interesting to see other approaches to similar features.

Nuts 'n bolts..

Cheers,
-KenD