[Cuis-dev] Behavior hierarchy type error fixes

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon Jun 29 10:28:22 PDT 2020

Thank you for taking the time to look at it. I was not sure about sending
these changes because they are more cosmetic/formal but one fix (the one of
#allRegularInstVarNames. I wrote a test for it)

I agree with your changes, although I have comments on two of them:
1) The reason I made #allClassVarNames abstract in Behavior is because
superclass can be nil and the type checker shows the implementation you
left as warning. Moving it to Metaclass (where superclass can not nil)
solves the problem. The final result is the same.
2) I see you removed #allSharedPools from Metaclass, is that correct? I
mean, currently it is possible to send that message to a Metaclass.

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 1:49 PM Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> On 6/28/2020 6:21 PM, Hernan Wilkinson via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
> Hi,
>  attached is a changeset that fixes some errors detected by the LiveTyping
> type checker and some new tests.
>  Most of them include sending messages to variables that could be nil or
> missing #subclassResposibility and so on.
>
>  There are a couple of methods in Behavior where the solution was to
> define a message as subclassResponsibility or to push down the method. I
> decided to push down the methods.
>
>  Cheers!
>  Hernan.
>

> --
>
> *Hernán Wilkinson Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching*
> *Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
> *Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*
> *site: http://www.10Pines.com <http://www.10pines.com/>*
> Address: Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina
>

> Hi Hernán.
>
> I reviewed it and I suggest a few minor tweaks. The attach is meant to be
> loaded instead (not after) the one you sent. Please review.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Juan Vuletichwww.cuis-smalltalk.orghttps://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Devhttps://github.com/jvuletichhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/juan-vuletich-75611b3
> @JuanVuletich