[Cuis-dev] Is this a Cuis or VM issue?

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 23:59:50 PST 2020

1) Start a fresh image
2) Open a Workspace
3) doit: ReferenceFinder openExplorerOn: 1.
4) The image appears to be gc'ing like crazy.  Minimize the results window
as soon as you're able.
5) leaving that window open, again doit: ReferenceFinder openExplorerOn: 1.

On my system with gigs of free ram and the image showing ~100 Meg used at
the OS level, I get a low memory warning and a console
message: sqAllocateMemorySegmentOfSizeAboveAllocatedSizeInto mmap: Cannot
allocate memory

Ordinarily I'd say this type of message is clearly a VM issue but with so
little RAM actually being used I'm wondering if it might be a misleading
error?