[Cuis-dev] Flaky test fix + addon to analyze possible flaky tests

Nahuel Garbezza n.garbezza at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 15:23:33 PST 2020

Hi!

As it was mentioned in the list, the Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev build was broken on
CI, and one of the causes was a test that I introduced about the
ExtractMethod refactoring.

There was not a problem with the test, but with the refactoring
implementation itself. Attached is a changeset to fix the underlying issue
with the refactoring that was causing the test to fail sometimes.

And because this is Smalltalk and it is super fun, I created a very simple
package called "FlakyTestsDetector", which contains a very simple class
that runs a test multiple times, reports the results and can help you to
detect if a test is flaky or not and how many times it failed (from the
number of times it was executed). Attached is the package, let me know if
you feel this is "helpful enough" to include it on the repo :)

Thanks!
Nahuel.