[Cuis-dev] minimumExtent

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Mar 7 15:41:58 PST 2020

Hi Juan,

I have refined a few things and (using #fileIn rather than #install)
created a single, unified changeSet.

One issue I have is that of SystemWindow.

I added a #SystemWindow>>minimumExtent which composes extents of its
label and layout, but I think it would be simpler to just answer a
reasonable extent and let subclasses override if they want something
smaller.

If you take a look at the IEDictWindow Class in 'IA-EN-Dictionary', I
just do the simple thing at the top/window level rather than using
LayoutSpec's and this seems simpler to me.  (pull the latest)

I do like protecting Browser windows from resizing too small as this
currently looks wacky to me.

I think setting a reasonable #SystemWindow>>minimumExtent would do the
job simply and with less computation.

Anyway, when you get a chance to play with this, I'd appreciate your
feedback.

..And thanks once again for Cuis!!!
-KenD