[Cuis-dev] set Morph color from menu

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Tue Mar 10 09:02:29 PDT 2020

What I do in those cases is to copare if the current version of the base
image is the same as when I overwrote it on the package, if not, I failed
the initialization of the package.
Doing so, you don't loose the changes made in the base image.
The same thing should be done if you subclass and overwrite some methods in
the subclass...

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:10 AM Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> On 3/9/2020 7:18 PM, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
> > On 2020-03-09 10:11, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> > ..
> >> Please add your #changeColor as an override to Morphic-Misc1.
> >> Otherwise we'd be adding 2 undeclared references to the base image.
> >
> > Wow!  I didn't know you could do that (override a base method in a
> > Package).
> >
> > Done.
> >
> > -KenD
>
> Usually we don't advice overriding methods. Especially slight
> modifications of the code in the base image, as they will most likely be
> left behind and break when the base image version changes. But in this
> case, I think it is the best option.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Juan Vuletich