[Cuis-dev] These strange days (and our community)

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Mar 25 13:29:35 PDT 2020

On 2020-03-25 08:19, Leam Hall via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
> Unfortunately, I am not able to mentally bridge the gap between the old
> books and the current Cuis.
..

Leam,

Greetings and Welcome!

Yes, Cuis is Smalltalk.

Yes, Cuis is Different.

Aside from the tutorials at:
   https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Learning-Cuis

There is a Cuis-Smalltalk video channel:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbevs6Mp0MMMaR5gSYzJQXQ56OplFSCJk

Like other folks, in the US State of Washington, we are restricted to
home, so I have started making videos about Cuis.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDic44CfIFc7v8o0eFjJAaw  [Phil, OK to
add these to Cuis Channel]

Apart from an introduction to Cuis, my first series uses Color in the
User Interface to look at ideas, tools, and mechanics.

I hope this is useful, so please let me know of problems.  This will
help me help others to learn Cuis.

BTW: I was taught "Get it right before you get it fast".  You don't have
to be a race horse.

And again, welcome to the Cuis community!  Helping each other is what we
do.
-KenD