[Cuis-dev] Language constructs

Erik Stel erik.stel at gmail.com
Fri May 1 00:45:51 PDT 2020

Maybe I wasn’t clear (because it was part of another topic, see below) or tread on a sensitive subject, but I’m still eager to hear the reasoning for having backticks (which are not in Squeak nor Pharo) from the simplicity point of view. Would anyone care to elaborate?

I am also eager to know what others think about language constructs such as #(), {} and `` for daily usage. And I mean this in the sense ‘Do you use these often? Could you live without them?’. I do understand how they can be used and what their meaning is ;-). And I can also lookup their current use in the default image, but that does not answer how you/we use them in our (application) code.

Kind regards,
Erik