[Cuis-dev] New type of web application using HTML, CSS and Smalltalk

Erik Stel erik.stel at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:38:19 PDT 2020

Hi,

Sharing some work I’m doing. Although it is currently developed in Pharo, I’m bringing this to Cuis as well (hence earlier question regarding naming/prefixing packages/classes). I want to create a web based Smalltalk development environment for kids, and Cuis seems the perfect candidate for learning Smalltalk. Profit warning: it is developed in my spare time, which is limited ;-).

I have published my first demo of a new type of web application based on a tiny Smalltalk image running in the browser, acting as the JS-engine. Create a dynamic application using Smalltalk only, with the direct manipulation you're familiar with from Smalltalk. And ...(in the near future)...with the same debugging capabilities. Still work in progress, but hopefully providing an idea of what's in store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvY7R6te7go <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvY7R6te7go>

Cheers,
Erik