[Cuis-dev] CommandShell for Cuis

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun May 3 14:28:47 PDT 2020

I have been working on updating my CommandShell package to work on Cuis.
CommandShell is a companion package to OSProcess, which is already available
in the packages repository at https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/OSProcess.

There is no CommandShell user interface yet, but the basic command pipeline
parsing and proxy pipeline execution works. For example, you can do
"OSProcess outputOf: 'ls -lR | cat | wc'" which will parse the command line
into a proxy pipeline of three external programs, evaluate the programs
in a unix style pipeline, and collect the output.

I put an early version of CommandShell for Cuis at
https://github.com/dtlewis290/Cuis-Smalltalk-CommandShell in case anyone
wants to have a look at it.

Dave