[Cuis-dev] Layout Problem

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue May 12 17:03:25 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-12 14:59, Dan Norton via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> The attachment you sent:
>
> 4128-ProportionalLayoutEnh-JuanVuletich-2020Apr30-16h58m-jmv.002.cs.st
>
> fixed the problem but as of 4140 it is not in the base. Maybe it was
> supplanted by another 4128 change set?

Dan,

Probably my fault.

I have been working at refactoring layout code and asked Juan to hold
off as the patch caused artifacts in some cases.

Interesting to figure things out, but much test and rewriting to get
things right.

I hope to put some code up soon, but did write up my gleanings:

   https://github.com/KenDickey/LayoutProposal/blob/master/LayoutUsage.md

I hope to get a code file up this week for people to try out.

I think I am getting close, but many details to get just so and much
live testing is required.

Your Construction code is in the test set.

Note that Juan may look at my code, just change a line or two in the
current implementation, and tell me to go away.  My solutions are
sometimes more work than the problems they solve.  ;^)

The good news for me is that I am learning much about the way Layouts
work and play together.

My hope is that I can share this and Cuis will be better for it.

-KenD