[Cuis-dev] Documentation for the different kinds of divisions

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun May 24 22:38:00 PDT 2020

Note that I have yet another species of division pending for Squeak:
ratio: and residue:
The difference is that the quotient is rounded to nearest integer (tie to
even) rather than truncated or floored.
It is important for Floating point because it provides an exact remainder
and adhere to ISO/IEC 60559 - i.e. like
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cmath/remainder/
Since we have LargeIntegers, I also provide exact quotient (an Integer).
See https://source.squeak.org/inbox/Kernel-nice.903.diff