[Cuis-dev] [ChangeSet] Updates on refactorings

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon May 25 15:35:44 PDT 2020

Hi Nahuel!
 thank you for the improvements and fixes. All tests are passing 💪💪
 It is integrated.

 I have a few minor comments:
1) I think I would change the error message "{variable} cannot be used as
temporary variable name because it is an instance variable defined in XX"
for "{variable} cannot be used as temporary variable name because it is
defined as instance variable in XX"
What do English native speakers think it is best?
2) When doing the extract method if you select as selector to extract the
code the same as the method you are performing the extract method, it will
do it but the extracted code will be lost. I think in that case it should
not be a warning but an error... only in that case :-)

Cheers!
Hernan.
On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 1:20 AM Nahuel Garbezza via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Attached is a changeset with the following changes (and their
> corresponding tests):
>
> [extract temporary / rename temporary]
>   - fix error message for instance variable already defined in class
>   - allow to perform the refactoring in a debugger
>
> [extract method]
>   - extracting to an existing selector (in the current class or any
> superclass) now raises a warning
>   - allow to perform the refactoring in a debugger
>   - improve error messages and validation logic
>
> [documentation]
>   - add a comment on RefactoringPrecondition class
>
> Thanks,
> Nahuel.

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*