[Cuis-dev] Alien? ThreadedFFIPlugin?

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed May 27 10:43:27 PDT 2020

Hi Philip,

There are several things here to discuss and to keep in mind.

Let me say that I am _extemely_ interested in your
https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-Slang/ .

I have built a few plugins in the old days. I built the JPEG plugin in
the VM, and also an enhhanced music synth for Squeak. This was around
2000. I took an early prototype of my vector engine, converted it to
slang and made the slang/plugin specific prt of VMMaker work on Cuis. I
built the plugin and called from Smalltalk. This was around 2010. I
always wanted to split VMMaker into several packages, one of them
PluginMaker. PluginMaker should be able to run in Cuis. But I never
pursued this any further.

That's why I am so interested in your project. It is something I've
wanting to have for a long time.

I'll send one or two additional answers to your message, changing the
subject to open different discussions.

Thanks for bringing this up!