[Cuis-dev] For Test: Layouts + EdgeWeight

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Fri May 29 07:39:14 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-29 01:56, Dan Norton wrote:
..

> I'm trying to simplify an example where a collection of small elipses
> is not appearing when fed to LayoutMorph>>addAllMorphs: ...

Something deeper going on here.

In many #addMorph* methods there are Morph>>privateAdd* methods which do
the work and at the end:

   self someSubmorphPositionOrExtentChanged

the default implementation of which is (for Morph)

   layoutNeeded := true

This should cause the LayoutMorph to do a #layoutSubmorphs.

One can override the add*Morph* methods as the attached, which will
probably remove the symptom, but we really need to understand why
setting #layoutNeeded to true does not trigger
LayoutMorph>>layoutSubmorphs.

Juan?  Anyone?

??
-KenD