[Cuis-dev] LayoutAdjustingMorph Class Comment [Now included in LayoutProposal repo]

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun May 31 16:00:09 PDT 2020

When added to the submorphs of a LayoutMorph,
I am a way of directly adjusting layout width or height.

I take care of the user interactions and delegate the actual changes to
my containing LayoutMorph.
See LayoutAdjustingMorph>>adjustOwnerAt:

The way adjustments are made differs between fixed and proportional
Morphs.

If I am between two proportional Morphs, the relative Morph proportions
on both sides of me are adjusted.

If the user is moving me between a fixed and a proportional morph, the
fixed size is adjusted.

The general effect is that if between 2 proportional Morphs, the
proportions are adjusted and the
user sees the boundary between two morphs change.  If one Morph is
fixed, then the user sees
the proportional Morphs ALL adjust.  An "accordian like" effect.  This
is NOT due to a change
in relative proportions but just the proportional expansion or squeezing
of the proportional
Morphs themselves.

E.g. note LayoutMorph class>>example11 which has a fixed Morph at each
end.