[Cuis-dev] Updates on The Cuis Book

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Wed Nov 11 12:07:29 PST 2020

For daily code session, I have in mind the workflow Juan suggests:

1. Load your work-in-progress package in Cuis

2. Write code

3. Save your package

4. Repeat at 2.

5. Commit your package to whatever CVS you prefere

Never save the image!

Start every code session with a fresh image!

May be a step "0. Setup your image with browser and workspace content"
can be prepended.

The book could suggest some scripts to automate several setup scenarios.
(browser, workspace, workspace content, font, etc.)

As the target audience of the book is neophytes to Cuis-Smalltalk,
getting it right at the first place is of some importance.

Take care

Hilaire

Le 09/11/2020 à 21:44, Philip Bernhart via Cuis-dev a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> "ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev"<cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st>  writes:
>
>> On 2020-11-09 05:17, H. Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> ..
>>> * Code Management, not sure yet it is worth writing this chapter. My
>>> basic use is very basic, ..
>> I was thinking that we should stress the_personal_  part of personal
>> software.  With Cuis, it is harder to lose your work.
> Well, I must admit that I never have seen the "it's harder to lose your
> work" part. For me it was the opposite. It's in my opinion easier to
> lose the work.
>
> Sure in theory the changeset was written to disk, but then accurately
> bringing the image in a state as it was before the crash is hard.
>
> But maybe I haven't got a mail or something. Normally I resorted to
> pressing save image regularly as it's easier to store the current state.
>
> So when people write that chapter, showing the worst-case recovery
> issues would be the more useful contributions.
>

> My 0.02 EUR,
> Philip
> -- Cuis-dev mailing list Cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st

GNU Dr. Geo