[Cuis-dev] FileOutRework and personal introduction.

Mauro Rizzi mrizzi at fi.uba.ar
Wed Nov 18 07:44:27 PST 2020

Hello everybody!

My name is Mauro Rizzi and i'm currently studying Computer Engineering in
the Engineering Faculty of the University of Buenos Aires.

We're using cuisUniversity as an environment for one of our classes and I
found current fileOut implementations to be counter productive to a good
git workflow. The current idea of having fileOut always fileOut to image
path means you either have to have your repository on your image folder or
you have to manually move the file to your local repository folder.

This is not conductive to making frequent commits but rather it results in
us just doing a single giant commit at the end of the session.

Because of this I set out to make a package that would streamline the user
experience allowing for cuis to remember the last destination you filed out
to and adding the option for the user to directly specify a new destination.

You can find the package in my FileOutRework repository.
<https://github.com/Mauro-Rizzi/FileOutRework>

I've just started with this rework but I was encouraged by my teacher to
share it with you, so far I've only implemented this behaviour for the
Category list context submenus for the System browser.

I'm open to any comments, criticisms or requests for collaboration.

Hope you all have a nice week!
Kind regards.
*Mauro Rizzi*