[Cuis-dev] FileOutRework and personal introduction.

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Nov 24 05:01:48 PST 2020

Hi Mauro,

Let me go back a little bit. If you want to keep your code as an
optional add on, I think it is quite good. The only thing I'd perhaps
change is to avoid redefinition of existing methods as much as possible,
because these are fragile, and will break if the code in the base image
changes.

But if you want your contribution to be part of the base image (this is
reasonable, we want Cuis to be comfortable for users!), then keep in
mind that Cuis tries to be minimalist. We include all that is worth its
own weight, in terms of class and method count, lines of code, etc. This
keeps Cuis being a system that is easy to adapt and evolve. In this
light, having several menu options for essentially the same thing is
what I called "a bit too much". I'd rather prefer a single option on
each menu, that suggests the destination folder, and allows modifying
it, and remembers it for next time.

Additionally, for code to become part of Cuis base image, we need to
save it in .cs.st changeset files, instead of a .pck.st package file.

Thanks,