[Cuis-dev] Embedded Squeak/Cuis

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 01:01:53 PDT 2020

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 at 6:18 AM, Casey Ransberger via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> I looked at writing an X11 window manager as a plugin for Squeak. But my
> search for “how make x11 window manager" didn’t turn up much. I pulled down
> the source for a supposedly minimal wm and looked at the total LoC and
> thought “yeah, maybe not.”

I guess you haven’t seen https://dwm.suckless.org/
I’m a big fan, and it inspired the window manager I use inside Cuis. It’s a
single C file with less than 2k LoC. I’m still using the binary I compiled
in 2012 after making some customisations. There’s no config file, since
that would add unnecessary complexity... you customise it by changing the C
file and recompiling.