[Cuis-dev] [NOOB] Why are editor windows non persistent?

Alexander Shendi Alexander.Shendi at web.de
Tue Sep 15 02:48:35 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

As can be seen on /r/smalltalk I have managed to open an editor window with the desired file contents. However, to my dismay, these windows aren't persistent. When I save a new version of an image, the editor windows are gone.

I would like to know why. To the best of my knowledge (which may not be much), the entire current state of the VM should be saved. I assume there are hooks to run user code after the image has loaded.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
/Alexander
--