[Cuis-dev] StringRequestMorph>>request:orCancel:

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Wed Sep 23 15:37:01 PDT 2020

Hi,
 I'm attaching a cs that implements the message request:orCancel: in
StringRequestMorph because it was being used in some packages not part of
the main image.
 The cs also changes some methods in StringRequestMorph to make the more
readable.

 I'd also like to mention that I think we should improve our
communication when removing a method or changing a message name. In this
case the deleted method was request:onCancel: and the keyword onCancel:
used before in StringRequestMorph was changed to orCancel: and that broke
many things in some packages we use in CuisUniverstiy.
 One way to minimize this type of errors is to send #deprecatedMethod
before removing or renaming a message, leaving the original method sending
this message and after a month or so, send an email to the list telling the
methods that will be removed (that is, senders or #deprecatedMethod). I
think that would help a bit.
 If there are other ideas, please let's talk about them.

 Cheers!
 Hernan.

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*