[Cuis-dev] [RFC] Modules/Namespaces for Cuis

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Sep 27 07:56:14 PDT 2020

On 2020-09-27 06:12, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    there's Package Environments by Ken Dickey:
> https://github.com/KenDickey/PackageEnvironments

To follow up.

The environment code works, but only converts loaded Packages into
Environments.  You can not yet compile code for it.

The piece missing is to take the bits of compiler setup to be able to
supply the proper context when compiling code within an Environment
rather than assuming a single global (Smalltalk) namespace.

I am a busy guy.  I took time out to get the framebuffer up on
aarch46/arm64 (vm-display-fbdev).  I am also editing and writing a bit a
book on Cuis with a couple of fellows (TheCuisBook).  I am also coming
up to speed on touch devices so that the VM and images can be used on
phones and tablets.

And the, of course, I _do_ have a life which includes gardening, dog
walking, shopping/cooking/cleaning/.. you know the rest.

So any help with Environments, even as a user, is useful.

BTW, I did start to port the Squeak solitaire game with
'Morphic-Games-Solitaire' converted to an Environment.  No problems with
developing multiple card games.  I did not get far with the port because
I was doing other things (see above).

HTH,
-KenD