[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Testing and Debugging Deprecated Methods

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Tue Sep 29 10:43:07 PDT 2020

On 2020-09-29 17:08, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 9/28/2020 2:17 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Hi all, hi Juan,
>>
>> I suggested in another post to flag unit deprecated methods in unit
>> tests.
>> Now I implemented the required changes.
>>
>> Please find a change set and small package with some unit test
>> attached to this message.
>>

>> HTH and Best Regards,
>>
>> Gerald
>
> Thanks Gerald.
>
> What do others think? Isn't it enough with keeping a Transcript open
> when developing?
>
> Cheers,

Hi,

The default behavior, printing some text on the
Transcript, can be changed easily by just changing the default value of
one preference.
(openDebuggerOnDeprecationWarning).
Of course you can set this one to `true`.
which will open a PreDebugger-Window.

BTW, I took care that deprecated methods show up in unit tests as
errors; unless suppressed
by -- you may have guessed it - changing a preference value.
(#flagDeprecationWarningsAsUnitTestError)

HTH,

Gerald