[Cuis-dev] Cuis 68000 64bit V3 image ?

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Apr 22 09:56:39 PDT 2021

Hi Ken,

I'm using Squeak and Cuis on Solaris 11.4 (Unix).

I'll ask on vm-dev, but I'm replying now on cuis only.

I wonder whether I can convert the 6505 image (32bit) into a 68003 image
(64bit).

In fact I'm saying 68003 now (not 68000) because 68002 or 68003 may make sense.

On Squeak there is a package
http://www.squeaksource.com/SystemTracing.html

that is able to convert from 6505 to 68002 it seems.

I am new to this so I'm guessing it theoretically can be done in Cuis,
although that the Cuis internals may (or certainly are) different from the
Squeak internals, so for example fileIn of SystemTracer64 is not working.

Cuis being a fork of Squeak may still be sufficiently close to Squeak,
so that it works.

Maybe the SystemTracer package has been ported to Cuis ?

According to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2315
SystemTracer64 is able to convert 32bit images to 64bit images.

Thanks,
David Stes