[Cuis-dev] Vector icons?

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 06:08:09 PDT 2021

Hi Bernhard,

Sorry to slightly derail the conversation here. I have been experimenting
with using icons in Squeak. Specifically, I've been using the PNG exports
from this repository <https://github.com/darealshinji/haiku-icons> which is
itself an export of icons from Haiku OS (aka the open source remnant of
BeOS). The reason I bring this up is because Haiku actually uses a custom
file format called HVIF
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku_Vector_Icon_Format>, which is a binary
format that encodes basic vector drawing operations. The Haiku icons are
nice and also available exported as SVG in the repository I linked above.
Here <https://github.com/darth-cheney/object-icon> is where I use them in
my own projects.

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 8:40 AM Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> Cuis with vector graphics is really great.
>
> Are there any examples of vector icons in some package? What ist the
> general idea, will we be using SVG or lower level graphics operations?
>
> Cheers,
> Bernhard

Eric