[Cuis-dev] Bee Smalltalk Dynamic Metacirculat Runtime [WAS Re: Cuis 68000 64bit V3 image ?]

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Sun Apr 25 22:07:39 PDT 2021

Hi,

"ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev" <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> writes:

> Much fun to be had here!

I thought that Be-Smalltalk was dead since years and not
developed anymore and the source was locked up somewhere and
discarded in some trashdump.

Now to find out, that the code is on github and people are
playing around with it makes me both happy and sad.

Happy that it's there to play around with and sad, that the
documentation part is abysmal and that information doesn't
go around that easily. I would be now two Jean Picards, when
it comes to facepalming.

I ported the AweSOM: https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-AweSOM
to Cuis also to have the bits together of being able to construct
maybe in the distant future a Smalltalk system from scratch.

I'm confused now, cheers.
Philip