[Cuis-dev] Bee Smalltalk Dynamic Metacirculat Runtime [WAS Re: Cuis 68000 64bit V3 image ?]

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Apr 26 12:40:39 PDT 2021

On 2021-04-26 06:15, Jan Vrany via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Ken,
> (not sure this mail will make it to the mailing list, hope it will)

I think it did! ;)

> Yes, I did the port to St/X - it is not yet merged, but the last PR
> waits to be reviewed and, eventually. merged. I did it slightly
> differently, so that most of the code is shared and we can easily
> collaborate. I'm happy discuss the details if there's interest.

Yes.  I am still "drinking from the fire hose" but would definately like
to see your work and hear any insights.

> As for
>> [2] do ARM64/RISC-V:64G port,
>
> I too intend to *add* RV64G support. But before that, quite bit of
> stuff has to be cleaned up to allow different backends. As my
> friend Sean use to say, I'm slogging through this land (and
> whole lot of others)

Yeh.  Plenty of mud to slog through.

The trick is to look up at the stars of what we can do if we can get
through it and pull together.

Good on ya,
-KenD

PS: Integrate on GitHub?  URL..?  Thkx.