[Cuis-dev] TrueType Fonts assignment

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Apr 28 08:13:54 PDT 2021

On 4/25/2021 10:03 AM, Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I noticed that when I switch to a TrueType font other than DejaVu the return glyph look like a rectangle instead of an up arrow. Is there something I can do about it. I wonder how DejaVu does it?
>
> I searched in the code but could not find an answer. However, I found a new question: What ist the difference between the preferences #useAlwaysLeftArrow and #useLeftArrow?
>
> Cheers,
> Bernhard

Done. Updates @ GitHub now.

What I did is to store the Unicode arrow glyphs from DejaVu in a class
variable, so when loading a TrueType font the doesn't include them, we
just grab them from there. I needed to scale them, to make them look
reasonable, in particular with the handwritten like fonts.

Enjoy!