[Cuis-dev] I have some issues running the conf. script file at startup

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 08:07:14 PDT 2021

Nicola,

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 9:40 AM Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi Hiliaire,
>
> your method works. Thank you. It is better then my fork+delay.
>
> Could you explain me a bit why the "doOneCycle" work ?

It's forcing the same result as your fork/delay code was trying to do in a
more direct, efficient and immediate way.  Sometimes you need a morph to
draw itself at least once, which #doOneCycle is doing, to get some internal
state you need to access/modify fully initialized.  If you find you need to
do this constantly with your own code, it may be a warning sign that you're
doing something wrong.  (not always: sometimes you know exactly what and
why you're doing it and it's the only way to achieve the result you need
for a complex set of Morph state)  In this case, I think the assumption
that the script is being called before Morphic is fully up and running is
correct and this is probably a bug to be fixed in the command line handling
code rather than anything you're doing wrong.

> I put my script here, maybe somebody else wants to peek and adapt.
> https://pastebin.com/UKUdySxY
>
> bye
> Nicola

Thanks,