[Cuis-dev] Vector graphics questions

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 13:30:01 PDT 2021

Hi Vanessa (and others),

What steps did you use to get the full Cuis display to use VectorGraphics?
I am running a vector-enabled VM, and I can successfully load (and display)
TrueType fonts, but when I try to run the following:

```

self runningWorld backgroundImage displayAt: 0 at 0.
(VectorCanvas onForm: Display) fullDraw: self runningWorld. "This is
the line that triggers the mnu"
Display copy inspect.

```

I get an MNU about StrikeFont not understanding #fontDescription (the font
in question appears to be DejaVu Sans). I was following the instructions
from this doc
<https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Documentation/VectorGraphicsAndMorphic3.md>
that you included in your original email.

Any pointers?

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 8:47 PM Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> On 7/31/2021 2:39 PM, Vanessa Freudenberg via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Try it if you have a Retina Mac! Smalltalk never looked so good before! 💜
>

> :)
>

> Maybe someone could take another run at the fence? All the vector graphics
> gorgeousness only really comes out at full resolution. Or maybe there has
> been some vm development I don't know about?
>

> Not from me...
>
> Vanessa
>

> Cheers,
>
> --